KyCAD Announces Partnership with Americans for the Arts
Certificate of Professional Practice in Arts + Business
KyCAD has partnered with Americans for the Arts to offer a program that examines the arts market and management structures of the industry. Preparing students in entrepreneurship, job readiness, community collaborations and practice.
This program is only offered to KyCAD students and alumni and is a one-off program offered in today’s art and design education institutions. Students will be introduced to industry knowledge from leading professionals. In addition, boost their resumes in a most competitive industry.
In this 12-hour on-demand certificate course, we will review the skills artists need to enter the marketplace. Students are introduced to aspects of business planning, communications, intellectual property, marketing, collaboration initiatives, financial planning, residencies, portfolio building and more.
There are twelve modules in this course, and each module contains videos, additional resources, and a quiz.
- Artists As First Responders and Community Builders
- Managing a Career in the Fine Arts in a Post-COVID-19 Creative Economy
- Traditional Marketing for Individual Artists
- Hello, My Name is Artist
- Building A Successful Digital Presence
- Digital Marketing: DESIGN Your Brand & DRAW In Your Audience
- Copyright, Intellectual Property, and the Creative Arts
- The Art of Business Finance and Operations for Artists
- Art & Science of Fundraising
- What is an Artist Residency
- Learning the Museum: From Developing Partnerships to Writing Proposals
- The Art of the Hustle
Certificates of completion will be offered twice a year in December and May for this course. Students who complete the program will receive their certificate of completion based on when they complete the program.
In partnership with